AquaVial Well Water Test kit - E. Coli and Coliform
FREE shipping over $50 USD!
- A New And Innovative Product, ideal for water testing. Use AquaVial E. coli to test your well water, your pool or hot tub to keep you safe.
- Simple, One-Step Water Testing Method. Just pour sample water into the AquaVial E. coli test vial and check for changes in color.
- Easy-To-Read Results: the reagent changes color from yellow to purple when bacteria are present. The color chart included with the AquaVial E. coli kit makes reading the results easy.
- Highly Sensitive Water Test: AquaVial E.Coli and coliform is able to detect E.coli and coliform bacteria concentrations as low as 1 CFU/ml - the limit for drinking water.
- Cost-Effective Water Quality Screening Test: AquaVial E. coli provides a simple, quick, convenient and cost effective way to screen the water quality yourself.
AquaVial Water Test Kit - E. Coli and Coliform is an easy-to-use screening test that can quickly detect the presence of these dangerous bacteria before they could lead to serious illness.
E coli and coliform presence is an indicator of water being contaminated with wild or farmed animal feces, and can pose serious health risks. The World Health Organization recommends that drinking and recreational water have less than 1 CFU/ml of E coli and coliform bacteria.
Why Should You Test for E. Coli and Coliform Presence in Water?
E. coli and coliform bacteria presence in water indicates potential fecal contamination of the water source. These bacteria can lead to serious illness. Infection symptoms include bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, vomiting and occasionally, fever.
Coliform bacteria can also cause pneumonia, other respiratory illnesses and urinary tract infections. If E. coli or other coliform bacteria are detected, the water should not be consumed. Further investigation and testing of the entire system should be initiated to confirm the results. AquaVial E. Coli and coliform is a quick visual indicator of your water quality at home, on your travels, at the cottage, on your boat and RV. This kit is a great addition to your pool and hot tub water testing routine.
How is AquaVial E. coli and coliform different?
AquaVial E. coli and coliform test kit takes advantage of the most recent advances in biotechnology research to detect the presence of coliform bacteria. Detection is indicated simply by means of a color change in the sample. The nutrients used in our formulation are specifically designed to enhance the sensitivity to fecal coliform bacteria. This formulation reduces the risk of false positive results.
The color change is produced by a dye that changes its color from yellow to purple in the presence of an enzyme (glucosidase). This enzyme is produced by all coliform bacteria.
Compared with other tests on the market, our test has a simpler testing method. Just add 5 ml of water to the vial provided and wait. The results can be read within 24 hours at 35 - 40 degrees Celsius (95-105F) or within 48 hours at room temperature, 20-25C or (68-77F).
Detection limit: 1 CFU/ml
Recommended sample volume: 5 ml
Detection range: 1 CFU/ml
- 2 AquaVial E. Coli and Coliform test vials with yellow dry media and yellow cap
- Instructions (English/French/Spanish/German/Italian)
Box size: 4 x 3 x 1 inch
Box weight: 0.032 lbs
Shelf life: 2 years (expiration date is indicated on the package)
Store away from direct sunlight
Bacteria concentration reading chart
Q: How many tests can be done with one kit?
A: Size 2: Each kit contains 2 vials that can be used to perform 4 tests.
Size 6: Each kit contains 6 vials that can be used to perform 8 tests.
Q: What happens if I add less or too much water?
A: The test is designed as a limit test, and as a result is less sensitive to the exact amount of water being used in the test. If at least one coliform bacterium is present, the test will change color within 48 hours.
Find more here.